If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
The annual Ayr Days celebration is set for Saturday, August 26.
With the theme “Till the Cows Come Home” this year’s Ayr Days will feature a full day’s worth of fun and activities for all ages. The event is sponsored by the Mount Ayr Chamber of Commerce.
The Mount Ayr Public Library will be open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for rest and conversation. Other library events include Bird Watching at 11 a.m. with Pastor Lorrinda Hoover, 1 p.m.
Registration for theFun Run/Walk, a 5K run/walk and fun run for the kids, begins at 7:30 a.m. in front of the Princess Theater. The race kicks off at 8 a.m.
Registration for vendors for the Ayr Days Marketplace also opens at 7:30 a.m. on the courthouse lawn with the shopping running from 9 a.m. and runs through 3 p.m.
Registration for the annual Ayr Days parade will take place from 9:15 to 9:45 a.m. at the corner of Fillmore and Jefferson streets. The parade gets underway at 10 a.m. with the Riggold County Cattlemen serving as grand marshals.
A quilt show sponsored by Chapter CK P.E.O will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the First Christian Church.
A large number of Ayr Days activities gets started at 11 a.m.:
• The First Christian Church will serve beef burgers and walking tacos from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• The Sons of the American Legion will serve pork loins at the shelter house from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• Face painting will take place in the courtyard from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• From 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Ryann’s Dance Academy will perform on the basketball court.
• the Mount Ayr Lions Club train and swings on the east side of the square from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
• A pie and ice cream social will take place at the Ringgold County Senior Citizen Center from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Missio Church will host yard games from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the courtyard
• inflatables for the kids in the courtyard un from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m., sponsored by the Class of 2025;
• a mechanical bull will challenge riders until 4 p.m.
• The motorcycle/car/tractor show on the south and west sides of the square will attract visitors from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• From 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. the Carey Crowson Trio will perform in the Veteran’s Memorial Area.
• From 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. theere will be Taylor’s Carriage Rides on the square.
• From 1-3 p.m. there will be a petting zoo on the square.
• The kid’s petal pull will begin at 2 p.m. on the east side of the square.
• Bingo will be played at the shelter house from 3-5 p.m.
• There will be a bags tournament from 4-6 p.m. on North Taylor Street.
• There will be Kids Water Fights and Smoke Demonstration, sponsored by the Mount Ayr Fire Department from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
• There will be a ribeye steak sandwich meal on the south side of the square sponsored by RAyr Market and the Ringgold County Cattlemen.
• At 6 p.m. hypnotist Rick Bultez will perform at the basketball court.
• From 6:30 to 8 p.m. the Princess Theatre will have a concession stand.
• Tyler Folkert will perform from 7-10 pm. at the shelter house/lawn and south square.
Look for the large ad in the August 24 edition of the Record News for compete details.