Christmas in the Ayr Saturday
If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
The annual Christmas in the Ayr celebration will be held Saturday, December 7 featuring many holiday-related activities.
• The Princess Theater and Moonlighter’s Theater Group will present a production of “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever” on Saturday, December 7 and Sunday, December 8 at 2 p.m. in the Mount Ayr high school auditorium.
Tickets are $10 and available at the door.
(See page 10 for more details.)
• The local vocal group Simply Voices will hold their annual Christmas concert entitled “What a Wonderful Savior” on Saturday, December 7 at 4 p.m. in the Mount Ayr United Methodist Church.
The performance will include a children’s choir and returning special guest performer Drew Ingram.
The Methodist Youth soup supper will follow at 5 p.m.
• The lighted Christmas parade will get underway at 6 p.m. Saturday, December 7 and follow its regular route around the square.
The traveling trophy for Best of Show will go to the best business/organization with $50 in Mount Ayr money given in the individuals/families and friends divisions.
• The lighting of the community Christmas tree at the old Skelly Station will follow the parade.
• The Mount Ayr Public Library will hold its holiday open house beginning at 5:30 p.m. Guests are welcome to watch the parade and community Christmas tree lighting from the warmth of the library.
Santa and Mrs. Claus will greet children in the courthouse lobby following the lighting of the tree.
Christmas music in the courthouse will be provided by Justin Akers.
Cookies and cocoa for a “Christmas Cause” will be served by the Leading Lions 4-H club.
Courthouse visitors are invited to view the Christmas trees and door decorations throughout the building.
Visitors will also be invited to donate to a canned food drive.
Several businesses will be open during the celebration. They include Aunt Jennie’s Attic, Country Blossoms, Daily Flair Boutique, Lucky Lanes, NAPA Auto Parts, Princess Theater, Still Smokin’ BBQ, and Uniquely Radiant Boutique.
Music throughout the evening will be furnished by Ringgold Outdoor Alliance.