Late night fire destroys Tingley home
If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
A fire early Friday morning destroyed the Tingley home of Sherry Briner and her twin sons, Kaden and Kody Kibbe.
According to Briner, the fire originally started Thursday evening around 7-8 p.m. in the front room of the house.
The battery in a laptop computer apparently overheated and caught a coffee table and couch on fire and scorched the surrounding floor.
Fire departments from Tingley, Union Township, Diagonal and Mount Ayr were called to the scene and put out the blaze.
Briner and her sons stayed the night at her son Josh’s house in town.
However, Briner estimated the fire rekindled around 2-3 a.m. Friday, completely destroying the house and its contents.
The family lost all their possessions in the fire, with the exception of the boys’ video games and some clothing.
Emergency funds to support the family have been established at PCSB Bank in Mount Ayr and via a GoFundMe online campaign.
Briner said anyone willing to help may also contact her at 641-464-6400.