If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Please enter your email and we will send your username and password to you.
This summer sports season will not be “business as usual” as the world deals with COVID-19. Recently the baseball and softball schedules were released for Mount Ayr and with that came guidelines.
With those guidelines, games will look slightly different this year in Mount Ayr and across Iowa. MACHS Athletic Director Delwyn Showalter has listed some guidelines for games in Mount Ayr this summer.
The athletic association is still in discussions with the health department and the department of education and changes and further guidelines are likely to come in the next few days and weeks.
1. Schools will have varying admission policies this year – some schools are charging normal admission, some are free will, some are collecting normal admission but not giving change. etc. People should expect to pay as normal, if they get to the game and there is no admission then it’s their lucky day!
Mount Ayr Summer Sports Admission (2020)
Normal adult admission ($5)
Students admitted free
Fans are asked to bring exact change if possible
No season passes offered this summer
2. Many schools will not allow bleacher seating. Fans are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or be prepared to stand
3. Due to social distancing requirements, schools required to extend the dugouts in order to provide adequate space for players & coaches. Many schools will extend dugouts down the fences to the foul pole on both the 1st and 3rd base sides, so fans may not be able to sit in their normal location.
4. Most schools will limit the number of people in restrooms. A few schools had not made a decision on opening their restrooms, fans should be aware that facilities may not be available at all locations.
5. Concession stands are not permitted.
6. No one may provide any food or drink for persons outside of their immediate family.
7. Fans should practice social distancing between different household units, adhere to all posted signage, and accept personal responsibility for following public health guidelines.
8. Spitting sunflower seeds is strictly prohibited
9. The Raider Ride will not operate this summer
10. Personnel allowed in dugouts & press boxes and on the field are strictly limited. Fans should not approach those areas unless designated to be there.
11. Due to inequitable schedules, the Pride of Iowa Conference will not crown conference champions this summer.
12. The Pride of Iowa Conference has established a “no delay” policy this year – if the game is halted, it will be over at that point.
13. Conference schools will take a very cautious & proactive approach to weather decisions – if the forecast calls for a good chance of rain at gametime, the game is likely to be canceled.
14. It is highly unlikely that canceled games will be rescheduled.
15. All foul balls must be returned to the dugout to be sanitized – fans should not return balls to the field of play.