Members sought for historic preservation commission
If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
The Ringgold County Board of Supervisors seeks to establish a Historic Preservation Commission to provide for the recognition and promotion of historic sites in Ringgold County.
The purpose of this commission is to:
• Promote the educational, cultural, economic and general welfare of the public through recognition, enhancement, and perpetuation of sites and districts of historical and cultural significance;
• Safeguard the County’s historic, aesthetic and cultural heritage by preserving sites and districts of historic and cultural significance;
• Stabilize and improve property values;
• Foster pride in the legacy of beauty and achievements of the past;
• Protect and enhance the County’s attractions to tourists and visitors and the support and stimulus to business thereby provided;
• Strengthen the economy of the County;
• Promote the use of landmarks and districts of historic and cultural significance as places for the education, enjoyment, and welfare of the people of the County.
Anyone interested in being a member of the Historic Preservation Commission, or know someone who might be, please visit a question and answer session hosted by the Ringgold County supervisors at the Ringgold County Courthouse Assembly Room on Wednesday, September 16 at 6 p.m.
For more information, please contact the Ringgold County Auditor’s Office at 641-464-3239 or email@example.com.