If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Ron Landphair was appointed Chairperson of the Ringgold County supervisors at their organization meeting on January 4. Colby Holmes was appointed Vice-Chairperson.
A number of organizational resolutions were approved by the board. They included:
• Will meet each Monday at 9 a.m.
• Assigned each supervisor with representative duties with various area governmental organizations.
• Voted to close the courthouse on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, President’s Day on the third Monday of February, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving day and the Friday following and Christmas day.
• Named the Mount Ayr Record News and Diagonal Progress as the designated official newspapers of Ringgold County.
• Set the reimbursement rate allowable mileage by county employees at 56 cents per mile.
• Authorized county officials and their deputies to attend the Schools of Instruction and all other meetings of the Iowa State Association of Counties.
• Voted to make all county purchases from local businesses when possible and encouraged competitive bids from vendors on purchases.
• Authorized the County Treasurer to deposit county funds in the following banks:
US Bank of Mount Ayr with the maximum deposit being $6,000,000.
Great Western Bank of Mount Ayr with the maximum deposit being $6,000,000.
PCSB of Mount Ayr with the maximum deposit being $6,000,000.
City State Bank of Mount Ayr with the maximum deposit being $6,000,000.
• The same banks are authorized to receive funds from the County Recorder in amounts up to $100,000 and the Ringgold County Sheriff for amounts up to $300,000.
• Approved the Master Matrix from the DNR relating to construction of confinement feeding operation structures in the county. Only counties that approve the Master Matrix can submit a “construction evaluation resolution” to the DNR.
• Named the following persons to the Compensation Commission (eminent domain) and the group each represents:
Monte Akers, Ag Property Owners.
Dick Jackson, Ag Property Owners.
Dale Walkup, Ag Property Owners.
Mark Triggs, Ag Property Owners.
Brian Bickel, Ag Property Owners.
Joyce Frost, Ag Property Owners.
Kraig Pennington, Ag Property Owners.
Tom Kelly, City Property Owners.
Dee Euritt, City Property Owners.
Joe Routh, City Property Owners.
Lowell Johnson, City Property Owners.
Larry Jarred, City Property Owners.
Ted Smith, City Property Owners.
Marilyn Johnson, City Property Owners.
Wanda Hosfield, Real-estate/Sales.
Gary Keplinger, Real-estate/Sales.
William French, Real-estate/Sales.
Deborah Creveling, Real-estate/Sales.
Rhonda Triggs, Real-estate/Sales.
Jules Daughton, Real-estate/Sales.
Douglas Bullock, Real-estate/Sales.
ALT: Marsha Jones, Real-estate/Sales.
Tracy Barnes, Bankers/Auctioneers.
David Greene, Bankers/Auctioneers.
Kim Greenland, Bankers/Auctioneers.
Tessa Barnes, Bankers/Auctioneers.
Curt Pierschbacher, Bankers/Auctioneers.
Stephen Taylor, Bankers/Auctioneers.
Kelly James, Bankers/Auctioneers.
• Reappointed Randy Bishop to serve another five year term on the Ringgold County Conservation Board.
• Reappointed Chandra Poore and Judy Hensley to a two year term on the Ringgold County Supportive Services Board.
• Approved Korbie Rinehart to be deputy auditor.
• Authorized the sheriff to hire Nathan Nickle, Chief Deputy, Landon White, Deputy, Ethan Baker, Deputy, Liz Mederos, Civil Clerk, Brenda Adams, Jailer/Dispatcher, Heather Buckner, Jailer/Dispatcher, Mari Hughes, Jailer/Dispatcher, Lizzie Jeanes, Jailer/Dispatcher, Melissa Stark, Jailer/Dispatcher and Lucie Zollman, Jailer/Dispatcher.
• Approved a resolution to extend the Family First Coronavirus Response Policy until February 1, 2021.