If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
The Ringgold County board of supervisors have released the language of a settlement reached with former county sheriff’s deputy Bo Greene.
The settlement named Ringgold County, the City of Fairfield, and Jefferson County as defendants in an action filed by Greene with the Iowa Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
The settlement agreement awards Greene $325,000 broken down as follows:
• $155,000 payable to American General Annuity Service Corporation for an annuity payable to Greene in 97 monthly payments of $1,659.90 for 97 months. The sum was designated as “emotional distress and other compensatory damages.
• a check payable to Greene for $35,000 designated as lost benefits, emotional distress and other compensatory damages.
• a check payable to the Conlin Law Firm for $130,000 for attorney’s fees.
• a wage check for $2,500 less taxes from Ringgold County.
• a wage check for $2,500 less taxes from the City of Fairfield.
While the agreement does not specify the circumstances of Greene’s charges, the wording states he is releasing all claims related to “employment, discrimination in employment, age discrimination, disability discrimination, employee benefits discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment, retaliatory discharge, payment of wages, termination of employment, defamation, invasion of privacy, blacklisting, whistleblowing, tortious interference with contract, tortious inference with economic advantage or other intentional torts.”
Ringgold County, the City of Fairfield, and Jefferson County specifically disclaim any wrongdoing whatsoever against Greene.
Greene agrees to return to the Fairfield Police Department all property belonging to the department, including body armor and badges. In addition, he agrees not to apply or to accept employment with any of the defendants.