If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
According to statistics compiled by the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) by September 20, the number of new COVID cases jumped across all area counties over the past week:
Ringgold County Public Health reports the following data for the county:
COVID-19 data as of this Tuesday morning from the local disease surveillance site DOMO shows Ringgold County has had 14 positive cases in the last 14 days and two positive cases in the last seven days.
Ringgold County continues to rank among the fewest number of positive cases statewide since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020.
At 636 total positive cases, Ringgold County trails Adams County with 406 positive results and Audubon County with 599.
In comparison, totals from surrounding counties include 1,529 in Union, 1,322 in Clarke, and 762 in Decatur and 748 in Taylor.
Despite Ringgold County’s relatively low total number of cases, however, statistics compiled by the New York Times finds the county ranking third in the state in the number of deaths per capita. (Per capita statistics are based upon population.)
For example, in data from the 2020 Census, Ringgold County’s population stood at 4,663, second lowest to Adams County at 3,704. However, Adams County has recorded only four deaths due to COVID while Ringgold County total stands at 26, according to data from the IDPH.
In the battle to combat the spread of COVID, IDPH reports 2,180 residents aged 18 and over in Ringgold County have been fully immunized against COVID.
Ringgold County Public Health reports the following data:
State-wide data per local disease surveillance site DOMO shows 50.6% of all residents in Iowa are fully vaccinated. For Ringgold County the same data is 45.1%.
According to CDC data, 52.7% of all vaccine-eligible residents in Ringgold County are fully vaccinated.
Nursing facility outbreaks in Iowa continue to rise; as of September 20, 29 facilities in Iowa are listed in outbreak status; thanks to our nursing home residents having higher than national average vaccination rates, Ringgold County is not currently experiencing this concern
Data from IDPH indicates all area counties reported double-digit increases in fully vaccinated residents over the past week:
Ringgold 2,180 +10 Adams 1,664 +26 Taylor 2,459 +29 Decatur 2,694 +39
Clarke 4,330 +61 Union 5,381 +75
More information is available at: https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/
Please call Ringgold County Public Health at 641-464-0691 with questions or if you are interested in receiving the vaccine.
Ringgold County Public Health reports the following information related to the COVID pandemic:
• The state site at: https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/ is updated now on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. As of 9/20/2021, those not fully vaccinated account for 90% of all COVID-19 patients in ICU and 78% of all hospitalized patients.
• The US Food and Drug Administration has granted full approval for the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. Current approval is for those 16 years of age and older. It continues to be available under the emergency use authorization (EUA) for those 12 through 15 years of age and a third dose in those with moderate to severe illness that impacts the immune system.*
• Third doses of Moderna and Pfizer vaccine are available now 4 weeks after the last booster for those with moderate to severe illness that impacts the immune system.*
(Third doses for others continues to be evaluated per federal protocol. More information is expected soon.)
Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood:
Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge Syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
Advanced or untreated HIV infection
Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
• Masks are encouraged in order to minimize virus transmission.
• Vaccine is available at the following locations:
Hy-Vee Pharmacy in Mount Ayr offers Moderna vaccine for 18 years and older
Mount Ayr Medical Clinic offers Moderna vaccine for 18 years and older
Ringgold County Public Health offers Pfizer vaccine for 12 years and older and Moderna vaccine for 18 years and older
• Influenza and COVID-19 vaccine can be given at the same time.
• Testing is available through your medical care provider with an appointment or from free at-home test kits at Ringgold County Public Health.
• CDC data is available at https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/index.html#county-view