A.H. Teale, son of Fredrick and Diana Charlotte Teale, was born in Cuyahoga County Ohio, January 22, 1852 and died at his home in Kellerton, IA, November 2, 1924, at the age of 72 years, nine months and ten days. When two years of age his parents migrated to Joe Davis County, IL., where he passed his early life on a farm and received his education in rural schools of that county. Later he came to Iowa to his brothers in Decatur County. Mr. Teale came to Kellerton in 1879 which was before the town was laid out and engaged in general merchandising. The building now occupied by W.W. Farmer was built and owned by him and was one of the first brick buildings erected in Kellerton. Mr. Teale has been engaged in some form of merchandising continuously since 1879. He served as councilman and mayor, and as a member of the board of education for many years. In fact, he has been indentified with the growth of the business and civic interests of the county and town. He was a member of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Kellerton Lodge #425. January 1, 1871, Mr. Teale was married to Miss Frances Leachman who died in 1901. To this union six children were born. There are five children living: Clarence E., of Des Moines; Harvey L., Katy F., and Hugh A. of Kellerton; and Estella Ryan of Saratoga, WY. Helen G. died in 1899. There are four grandchildren and one great-grandchild. Mr. Teale had six brothers, however only two, George and Gene, remain. These brothers, the children and grandchildren, with a community of friends mourn his departure. He will be greatly missed in the community as he was highly respected, and honest, quiet and unassuming citizen and a kind, indulgent father. He took great interest in school work and served the Kellerton school board as chairman for a period of about 25 years, also surperintended the new school building, which is a credit to our city. There are also other monuments of honor to his credit. The funeral services was held on Wednesday afternoon at two-thirty at the Methodist Church, conducted by the pastor, Rev. C. E. Bennett and internment made in Maple Row Cemetery. All business houses closed during the hours of the funeral.