Friends of Ringgold County learn with profound sorrow of the death of Rev. William H. Calfee, who passed away at his home in Old Washington, OH, November 1. His parents, Rev. and Mrs. W. M. Calfee, moved only a few weeks ago received word that their son was critically ill. They left at once for the bedside and were with him when the end came. They are now at Adena, OH. Rev. William Henry Calfee, son of Rev. W. M. Calfee, was born in Tingley, IA, September 1, 1884 and died at Old Washington, OH, November 1, 1924, being 40 years and two months old. He leaves his wife, Mrs. Elizabeth Vicker Calfee and three small children, a father and mother, one sister, Mrs. Gettys Jackson, of Langhorne, PA, one brother Herbert W. Calfee, of Portland, OR, to mourn his departure and a host of friends who were shocked at his death. Being born in Ringgold County, he received his early education in the public schools of that county. He graduated from the Mount Ayr high school in 1902, and feeling the call to the ministry he attended college at Upland, IN, where he was licensed to preach. His first charge was in Illinois (Lewiston circuit). He then went west and for a number of years was in the Rocky mountain states as pastor. He finished his education in the Iliff college of Denver, CO. He transferred from the west to Ohio, where he was a member of the Northeast Ohio Methodist Episcopal conference. He served several charges in Ohio, being a great favorite with his parishioners. Never being very strong, he was stricken down with scarlet fever in April of this year, which left his heart weak. He was taken to the St. Luke M.E. Hospital in June and for a time it was thought he might get better. He fought a strong fight for life, but was too weak to overcome the malady. All was done that could be done but he went home at last. Funeral services were held from his church in Washington, Tuesday at one o’clock. Among the ministers having a part in these solemn services were: District of the Washington Presbyterian Church, Rev. A. A. Gilmore, Rev. Kirk, Rev. w. H. Haverfield and others. A male quartet from his former charge at Adena, together with Rev. Roe furnished the music. There was a profusion of flowers, whose beauty gave evidence of the love and sympathy of the donors. The remains, followed by a large concourse of people were brought to Freeport where interment was made in Greenmont Cemetery.